Monday, August 23, 2010

The Moonwalk.....(Episode 5 of 5)

((((( Eligibility: The Moonwalk....Episodes 1 to 4 ))))))

'Niladri Bhowmik changed his present city to Noida'

The corporate world looked like a dream-come-true. I had never been discouraged by seniors complaining about it, cause I trusted my inner-voice. I knew I would rock the corporate world as well, and I wasn't wrong. I started making impressions from week one itself. I was happy.

The 'you no longer have time for me' phase had begun, and I had no clue how to fix this. I tried being better to her, but somehow, she had started noting a 'half-heartedness' in my attitude. She asked me to visit Bangalore for a week, seemingly to prove that I love her. I don't know whether I didn't or simply 'couldn't' In two months, she had lost interest in me. 'Time' was playing the villain in my love story. Two reasons. One: I wasn't being able to find time for her. Two: Six months isn't enough 'time' to understand each other so well.

I kept trying to keep the relation for the next ten months or so. I visited her twice and sent several gifts. Now, I had started finding an indifference in her behavior.

In February 2012, she was an MBA. The next month, her parents found her a 'good guy'. I never thought 25 was a good age to marry.

A few days later, I received a mail. Parts of it were like...
"...I am getting engaged Niel. His name is Vikaas...son of my dad's business partner...works for Infy in the US. I know him personally...I don't want to hurt my parents. They brought me up so well, took all the decisions for me, gave me everything I ever wanted. I want to see smiles on their faces..."

I visited her once again, this time in her home town,Darjeeling. I failed.

She got engaged in April and got married in July 2012. I even received an invitation for the ocassion, which appeared more like a 'slap on my face' than anything else. I didn't want to create a scene out there. Bollywood stuff doesn't work in real life any way. I chose not to attend her wedding.

I thought I wouldn't cry cause I am a strong guy. I was wrong.

I got a salary-hike next month, and booked a Volkswagen Polo.

On the 23rd of November 2012, I updated 'Niladri Bhowmik is Married'. 14 likes. 3 comments. :)

................................End of the story...................................

P.S. : The moonwalk is a dance technique that presents the illusion of the dancer being pulled backwards while attempting to walk forward; much like what happened to me !.
I thought I was making the right moves, going ahead in life with Ayesha. As it turned out, I was just living another unsuccessful attempt to find true love. In most stories, we find the girl making a 'i late luv storys' kind of a guy believe in love. In my case though, it happened the other way round.Now, I am of the opinion that 'Blind Love' is no more than a bloody oxymoron; and I wonder if my wife,Ambika can change my perception. Fingers crossed !!!

3 comments:

Taniya said...

well..........to the title justification:thumbs up :P, well tought, infact deep thought..
to the story end and the way u percieved it to be, i choose not to comment coz i differ in opinion here,,,,,,,don't take me wrong but i got an "ajeeb" sa vibe from this one......

Kiko said...

Manju lykee.. simple nd sweeet... jus enuf to touch ya heart... ggud...

khush said...

DEF gud job :) c i stuck to my word.. details in class tmw.. keep writing :)